The Telephone Museum is currently CLOSED but plans to re-open Memorial Weekend. Open hours will be Noon to 4pm most days, dependent upon availability of volunteers.
Cle Elum was one of the last cities in the country to use a manual telephone switchboard. In September of 1966, the Cle Elum Historical Telephone Museum was established when Pacific Northwest Bell deeded its building to the Society for a museum of telephone history. It is now the oldest complete telephone museum west of the Mississippi, with displays covering the history of telephone technology from 1876 to the present. In addition to the telephone displays, the museum features a collection of coal mine artifacts which were donated by local miners, and a selection of memorabilia from Cle Elum State Bank, built in 1906 by Frank Carpenter and run under his direction for over 50 years.
Telephone Museum – 221 East 1st Street – Cle Elum WA 98922
FREE Admission (Donations gladly accepted!)