Volunteers are extremely important in keeping the doors to our museums open! As we’ve stated many times, “There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer!” We need volunteers to docent at our museums as well as serve on the Board of Directors. Volunteering as a Museum Docent is a fun way to spend an afternoon, meet new people, and develop a greater sense of community. Volunteering to serve on the Board of Directors will help you gain insight as to the operations of the Society, help fulfill our mission of preserving history, and quite possibly make you look Good! Volunteer duties may include the following:
- Open and close the Museum;
- Typical work shift is 4 hours, from noon to 4pm;
- Greet visitors and explain what the museum is about;
- Keep tally on the number of visitors, donations collected, and items sold;
- Handle small retail sales of museum merchandise.
- Attend six bi-monthly meetings (third Thursday of the month at 1pm) per year;
- Help determine yearly goals and budget; and
- Provide oversight and accountability for the Society.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact us at email@example.com or call Charlene at (509) 649-2880.